Personal Data Protection Notice
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how ACCO Malaysia Sdn Bhd (“ACCO Brands”) uses Personal Data that may have been collected and processed as part of its day-to-day operations and in the ordinary course of business.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail. ACCO Brands shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the ACCO Brands website (“Website”). By continuing to communicate with ACCO Brands or use ACCO Brands’ products or services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
Collection of Personal Data
- “Personal Data” means information about an individual who can be identified from that data and other information to which ACCO Brands has or is likely to have access, including name, contact number, address, e-mail address, fax number, any information about the individual which he or she has provided to ACCO Brands in any correspondence such as through name cards or business cards and/or any information about the individual that has been or may be directly or indirectly collected, stored, used and processed by ACCO Brands from time to time.
- In addition to the Personal Data provided to ACCO Brands directly, ACCO Brands may also collect Personal Data from a variety of sources, including from the individual’s employer who is also our customer, our business partners, public domains such as websites, name cards, purchase orders, or when the individual interacts and communicates with ACCO Brands.
- Provision of the individual’s Personal Data is mandatory as without such Personal Data, ACCO Brands will not be able to provide on-going sales and post-sales services and support to its customers.
Purposes of Processing
ACCO Brands may use and process Personal Data for the purposes relating to the business and activities of ACCO Brands which shall include, without limitation the following (the “Purposes”):-
- to process, confirm and fulfill customer requests regarding ACCO Brands’ products, services or transactions;
- to conduct on-going sales and post-sales services and support such as product delivery and repair services;
- to contact customers regarding enquiries and requests;
- to comply with or to enforce the terms and conditions of any contract or agreement entered into by or on behalf of ACCO Brands to which ACCO Brands is otherwise bound or is obliged to observe;
- to process payment transactions;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing,
- for internal and external investigations;
- for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- to enforce or defend ACCO Brands’ legal rights, interests or property and/or to obtain legal advice;
- for ACCO Brands to comply with its obligations under law whether within or outside Malaysia;
and the individual agrees and consents to ACCO Brands using and processing such Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Marketing and promotional purposes
ACCO Brands may send marketing communications to its customers, and in some instances may use and process Personal Data for such purposes, such as to:-
- provide marketing communications that are effective and optimized for customers;
- keep customers up to date with the latest benefits from us;
- contact customers about services and offers that are relevant to them;
by way of e-mail, post and phone calls (“Marketing Purposes”).
If the individual does not consent to ACCO Brands processing Personal Data for the Marketing Purposes, please contact us using the contact details below.
Transfer of Personal Data
Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia, such as in the following circumstances:
- where ACCO Brands’ administrative functions are being performed outside of Malaysia;
- where ACCO Brands’ servers or back-up servers are located outside of Malaysia;
- where Personal Data is required to be disclosed to various law enforcement agencies outside of Malaysia;
- where ACCO Brands’ affiliates, service providers, contractors, agents or partners are located outside of Malaysia.
Disclosure to Third Parties
- Personal Data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes or for Marketing Purposes. Further, ACCO Brands may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on ACCO Brands’ behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties referred to in this section include (without limitation):-
- our professional advisors, including our legal advisors, auditors, accountants and consultants;
- service providers such as ACCO Brands information technology (IT) service providers, transportation providers, and equipment repair service providers;
- our group companies; and
- regulatory and governmental authorities within and outside Malaysia, in order for ACCO Brands or its affiliates to comply with statutory and government requirements.
- Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction involving ACCO Brands, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
- Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, individuals may request access to and/or request correction of their Personal Data, request to limit the processing of their Personal Data and/or make any inquiries or complaints regarding their Personal Data by contacting:-
Customer Care and Sales Administration Manager;
+603 7710 4579
- Please note that if the individual withdraws his or her consent for ACCO Brands to process Personal Data for the Purposes, ACCO Brands may consequently not be able to transact or contract with its customers and may be unable to provide its customers with the products or services requested.
- In respect of the individual’s right to access and/or correct his or her Personal Data, ACCO Brands has the right to refuse such requests to access and/or make any correction to the Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law.
Personal Information from Other Individuals
In some circumstances, individuals may have provided Personal Data relating to other data subjects and in such circumstances the individuals represent and warrant that they are authorised to provide such Personal Data to ACCO Brands and that they have procured the consent of the other data subjects to the processing of their Personal Data in the manner as set forth in this Notice and they have been alerted to the contents of this Notice.
Acknowledgement and Consent
By communicating with ACCO Brands, engaging ACCO Brands or using ACCO Brands’ products or services, the individual acknowledges that he or she has read and understood this Notice and agrees and consents to the use, processing and transfer of Personal Data by ACCO Brands as described in this Notice.